From Roger Kelly

 
 
 
 
 
 

Hi Paul

I brought the 8-4 PG Simmons square tail down to Mexico some years ago. Mostly ride it on tiny sand spit kinda low tide waves....a few times a year.

About 6 or 8 months ago, I lent it to a fellow old guy from Carp named Bert. I think  he is in his 70's and  was mostly doing a bit of SUP surfing and he had shown some curiosity about the board so I told him to give it a go....I think he mostly let it sit and I got no feedback and I was going to get it back recently.

I ran into him in the Cantina restaurant and he immediately started enthusiastically ranting about the board and how fast and fun  it was and the feelings of speed while prone surfing. He also said he lent it to some young guy who was stand up surfing the board and came back to the beach and wanted to buy it!! I told Bert to hang onto it for now and that every now and then I might want to borrow it. I think you shaped  it in 2006 or 2007 and thought you might want to know, it is still in action!!

Hope all is well Paul!

Proneman

No comments: