Followup On "Old Blue"

The board in question ... on display in Greg Liddle's Reseda showroom, c1969
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this the same board, now dwelling in Kirk Putnam's garage, some 45 years later??? 
 
 
 
 
 

---------------------------------------
 
Hey Paul
 
Happy new year. I think I have the board in the photo of Greg's old Reseda shop. This was from that time around 1970 when everything went super short.

I don't think this was Ken's board, but it could be. This one is 5'6''. He thought his was 5'10''.
 
KP

---------------------------------------

Kendog,

What to you think, is this your old blue board, now lurking in KP's garage???

PG

-----------------------------------------

Paul,

It's hard for me to say yes or no on the board. The color or dis-color has not held up to the test of time.

I sold my board to a girl in OB, I think her name was Lori, short blond, goofy foot as school got out in June. She never paid me for the board. I only know I had a stubbie exactly like the pretty blue one, same color design.

Ken

-----------------------------------------

Ken,

I doubt there were too many Liddles with blue decks. KP's is 5'6'', I think you said yours was 5'10''. Labels look about the same as the shot in the showroom. So...very similar at the least.

Anyway, some interesting stuff to ponder...

PG

---------------------------------------

I agree. Remember that was 44 years ago. I could be wrong on the length. It was a cool board.

Ken

--------------------------------------

Guys,

Also, it has a 'X-16' serial number which was Greg's way of numbering stock boards.

KP

-------------------------------------
------------------------------------

I'll post more later if and when info becomes available.

In the mean time...what ever became of Lori???

PG

 

No comments: