From Jacques

 

 

 

 Dear Mr. Gross,

My name is Jacques Beriau.  I shape displacement hulls here in the great state of Rhode Island.  I've been a long time reader of your work via the blog and other media and have learned a lot from your posts on swaylocks over the years.  

I've been working on a few new models that I'd like to share with you and thought the hull community may like to see and hear about them as well.  

Inspired by the footage of Ryan Thomas riding a GL Reef Smoothie in barreling beachbreak I designed a model call the VH, for "Vinterhull".  We have a similar wave here in town that I kept outrunning on my twin fins.  The VH is designed to roll in early, hit the bottom, and be pulled back high and tight into the pocket.  With a 2 + 1 fin set foiled by Brad Heath from Sunrise Boardworks I get a little extra bite of the bottom and a little more drag to match the speed of the wave.  I ride mine at 6'4" x 21 1/2" x 2 3/4".  

I've also been fine tuning a model I call the "fishplacement hull".  Lots of inspiration from Tim Bowler and his work with flexible keel fin and hulled fish in this one.  I can share that model another time.  

Thanks for all your work, 

-Jacques

@jacquesberiau

No comments: