From Tristan

 
 
Hello Paul,

Just for let you know I have been surfing my Extremely foiled Hull last week, and I moved back my fin at 1/4'', did not change the rails catching, moved it at 1/2'' it was even worst, but then I tried to move the fin up, 1/2'' forward and it changed everything! So you were right, there was nothing to do with the rails… I thought it was because the super thin rails were catching everywhere, but finally it was a fin problem like you told me.

I think it’s because I use to surf my hulls super far forward, so the ratio between my feet position on the board and the fin placement were not good.

So I ended up at having my 9’75 fin (super narrow tip) at 13 1/2 inches from the tail (at trailing edge)

Thank you so much for your advice, help and for sharing your knowledge !

Here is some photos with the board

Merci

Tristan Mausse

https://www.fantasticacid.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tristan, the photo of you on the wave face says a lot about the flow off of both rails on your board. "Conventional" boards don't have that engagement with the wave. Their flow is more "square" whereas hull flow continues in curvature with the curved surface of the wave. This is part of why they feel so much like having a joyous dream of flying through the air.
Speedshaper