From Florian

 
Hi Paul and Spence,

Just wanted to tell you how much I love the new 8'8'' Squash Nose V.

I rode it so far a handful of times in small 2-3+ surf. It paddles and catches waves like a much longer board. All in all it is a really easy surfboard, much more friendly than the deep vee.

I rode it with three different fins so far. The 9.75 wilderness was steering the board too much so I put in the 10’ velzy fin with a narrower base. This was a slight improvement but the fin was still too dominant. The 9.5 phd fin (pictured on the right) seemed the best choice, the fin disappeared while riding yet still having enough drive. I ride it 11” up.

All in all a super fun small wave board, kind of like riding a scooter, it is so easy and comfortable.

And it does bank over pretty easy, maybe the squash nose really helps!

Florian

No comments: