From Orion

Paul,

I noticed you had posted my fave pic of the controversial Milius and had made my own poster a few years back of it after stumbling on the article that featured it in an early 80's surfer magazine.

I had wanted to recreate it for awhile and since The Surfer's Journal had recently approved an article on my artwork to be published in their pages...I thought it would be a good time to try to do it.  My good friend photographer Kanoa Zimmerman came down to do some Cindy Sherman-esque portraits of me for the article.  For some reason they decided to go with much safer standard portrait of me for the article. Who knows why? They aren't using it and I'd like the Hull community to see it.  Here's the take from Kanoa and me.  Hope you dig it. 

Not really a rocket launcher type of guy myself...

-Orion

3 comments:

harmless neighborhood eccentric said...

Not really a rocket launcher type of guy myself..

Paul Gross said...

Rocket launchers aren't a prerequisite for hull surfing...but it helps if you surf Malibu!

:)

Unknown said...

so awesome