From Rob


Hi Paul,

I had liver cancer that was located in my liver alone but some legions were appearing near my bile ducts which would have put the cancer into my blood and made it a different battle. We did chemo and blasted the tumors, but they were stubborn, so we opted for liver transplant. It has not been a cakewalk. I ended up with Peripheral Neuropathy in both legs and feet which is 24/7 pain, and I had to learn to walk properly again.

Peter St. Pierre keeps trying to build me a ''handicapped'' surfboard at Hobie. We did a few boards with scooped decks but it still did not give the extra push up. Google 'peripheral neuropathy' and you will see the issue...I'm very slow to my feet because of signals from brain to feet and back.

The board has 2 1/2 inch high rail lifts. The original idea came from Flippy Hoffman. We are hoping it will work. Mark Johnson is one of my best friends - he shaped  it, and we worked it out on the computer. If you know Mark, you know what a perfectionist he is. Hope to get it this week to enjoy some of this weather before the rains come !

With that and my new 4GF surfmat, I should be covered for few years anyway. Every day is a gift from God and sweet as Coconut Pie! 

Rob Willis

No comments: